The building that houses our law firm is a Baltimore landmark built in the French Renaissance style by famed architects E. Francis Baldwin and Josias Pennington. Located in the heart of Baltimore's business district, the building was constructed in 1901 to house the main branch of the Baltimore Commercial Bank. It is now one of the few buildings to have survived the Great Baltimore Fire of 1905.
Stepping inside is entering into a bygone era of beauty and elegance. The first view is a panorama of the main floor. Stairs lead down to the original vault, which is now the firm's library. Moving to either side of the brass railings leads to the reception area. Chandeliers hang 20 feet from the plaster rosette ceiling.
Our restoration of the building took more than a year. A single large banking room with a 40 foot high ceiling covered with plaster rosettes and other ornamentation was brought back to its original condition.
The Reception Area, part of the main floor, utilizes space in an efficient manner that blends usage with the historical design.
Marc Seldin Rosen's office is the former office of the vice-president of the bank, which was restored to its original condition.
The Staircase to the vault, conference rooms and gym.
The vault now serves as the firm's library.
The old accounting room was transformed into one of the conference rooms.
Returning from the lower level, the view of the staircase to the entrance.